This Week in Kindergarten…
POPCORN WORDS: bad, had
MATH: This week in math, we practiced finding partners of 5 and 6 on our math trays. We had fun using our trays and tiles to find the partners. We also practiced what we learned in our workbooks, finding partners for numbers 2-7.
WRITER’S WORKSHOP: In writer’s workshop, we continued working on writing small moment stories. We wrote a story together about eating our snacks at school. The kinders are doing such a good job writing their stories! They are doing more and more writing on their own. I’m so proud of them!
READING: We continued practicing reading with our Super Powers during reading time. The kinders have been working hard on remembering to use these powers when reading to help them become better readers!
SPLIT LIT: During our 2 days of school this week, the Kinders did a great job during split lit time! They were able to make choices of stations they wanted to work at. They also had fun listening to new books on CD!
- Sunday, Feb. 11…Happy Birthday Evie!!
- Monday, Feb. 12…100 Day Celebration! Bring 100 Collections to school. STEAM, Bring Take Home Book.
- Tuesday, Feb. 13…PE; LIBRARY; Mrs. Baker out of classroom in the afternoon.
- Wednesday, Feb. 14…MUSIC, Homework Due; Valentines Class Party 1:50-3:00 p.m., NO TAKE HOME BOOKS.
- Thursday, Feb. 15…ART.
- Friday, Feb. 16…STEAM, Bring Take Home Book.