What you will need for Tuesday:
- Thank you for getting back to me about transportation going home!! It makes me feel better to know how your sweet kiddo is getting home.
- Your child’s ME Bag with two items inside that will help us get to know him/her better. If you were not at open house, please just use a paper lunch bag (or any bag that isn’t clear) you have at home.
- Completed forms for the office (found in the yellow envelope).
- GYM Shoes!!! (we will have PE/Gym on Thursday)
- HOME LUNCH/drink – OR, if you’ll be ordering HOT LUNCH, be sure your kinder knows what lunch he/she will be ordering (white or blue). See the August lunch menu for lunch options.
- Name tag. There were 2 inside the folder are to be worn on Day 1 (Tuesday) and Day 2 (Wednesday) of school. Send them wearing their name tags. My name is also on the name tags which will help get them to our classroom on these busy mornings! I do plan to be outside the first couple weeks a few minutes before the bell rings to ease any fears.
You can check out the Hudsonville Food Service website (listed under the side of our blog under “helpful links”) for payment information including the option of setting up an online lunch account (highly recommended!) If your kinder will be having home lunch but ordering MILK, attaching a small note on the outside of their lunch box would help me out a TON for the first few weeks of school. This helps me and them remember they would like milk.
Lunch ordering is brand new for most of the Kindergartners. I will be helping them learn the process and soon they will be professional lunch orderers! It will help me and them if you could have some discussion on what they are having for lunch daily (home lunch, blue or white lunch choice). Often times a note telling me which lunch choice your child would like can help. Until your kiddo gets used to the routines.
Remember, at this age, these little ones often get their cues from parents and adults around us. If we get emotional and cry….they will too. The more excited and reassuring you can be with your child the better. I truly LOVE what I do and will definitely be calming any fears that may happen. Whether it be a loving hand to hold, distraction or hugs of reassurance.
What if it rains?
If it is raining on Tuesday morning, feel free to walk your child to our outside classroom door L (this is where they will be coming in every morning). If you prefer to walk him/her to the school lobby and say good-bye, you may. Then, your kinder will be walked down to our classroom by staff in our building.
Feel free to contact me with ANY questions you have!! Thanks again for sharing your amazing child with me this year!!
Excited for tomorrow…Mrs. Baker 🙂