This Week in Kindergarten…

POPCORN WORDS: in, all

READING: During reading this week, we practiced building our stamina! The Kinders have enjoyed choosing their own books for their book boxes and reading them during our reading time. They worked hard on building their stamina for reading to themselves. 

WRITING: This week during writing, we wrote two pattern books! The Kinders wrote one book all about a leaf. They wrote the pattern – This is the stem. This is the vein. This is the color. This is the leaf. The Kinders wrote another book about our classroom. They wrote the pattern – I see the kids. I see the books. I see the tables. On the last page they got to choose what they wrote about. The Kinders are doing a great job during writing! 

MATH: During our math time this week, we practiced writing the number 8, finding and drawing 8 objects. We practiced the same activities with the number 9. I am so proud of how hard the Kinders work during math! On Friday, we had a great time playing math games with the GVSU baseball players! 

LITERACY: This week during literacy, we made an autumn house. The Kinders decorated an autumn house and then filled it with fun literacy activities. We practiced rhyming words and put them in our house. We practiced onset and rime and put those pictures in our house. We practiced letter identification and sounds and put the letters into our house. We also rolled and colored sight words. 

CHEERIOS NEEDED…I always have Cheerios (or similar brand) on hand for Kinders who forget their snack. I am running low and am planning to buy some this weekend. If you’re out shopping this weekend and would be willing to donate a box, that would be wonderful. Thank you! 

UPCOMING DATES:

Monday, November 4: Gym, Library – remember to return library books!

Tuesday, November 5: Art

Wednesday, November 6: STEAM

Thursday, November 7: Music

Friday, November 8: Gym; Wear RAINBOW colors or your FAVORITE COLOR!

November 15: Early Release Day – dismissal at 12:15

November 18 and 20: Parent Teacher conferences – I’m looking forward to meeting with all of you!

November 27-29: Thanksgiving Break…no school

Thank you again to everyone who sent in donations for our party this week and those who were able to help out at the party! It was so fun! I really appreciate everything everyone did to make it a success! 

Have a wonderful weekend!!